ACMECTF
  Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   *
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: L-F PUL Rules and Info  (Read 16404 times)
Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2015, 01:05:55 PM »

NOTE: This thread will be updated as we progress so please keep checking back. Also, nothing is set in stone, so feedback is welcomed.

Games:

Games will begin January 11th at 9pm EST and continue every Sunday (18/25) for the month of January. After the last game is played the points will be added up and a winner will be crowned. A new season will start for February.

Games will be played every Sunday. I don't need to be there to host them, anyone can  tongue

First map will be picked in advance by popular vote on the forums. First map will likely be Caco. Or a map of my choosing. But most likely Caco.  After that the losing captain can pick the follow up map from the list provided below. That captain is not required to captain again, or even play in the next game.

Teams will be picked by 2 captains. If both captains are of equal skill, first rail will determine first pick. If one captain is determined to have greater skill than the other captain, then the weaker player will have first pick (IE: If captains are h0ps & ksoul, they will have a rail-off for first pick. If it's h0ps & myself, I will get first pick). Picks will continue 1/1/1 until teams are filled. Team sizes, captains, skill, and other variables will be determined the night of the game by myself, BoNkErS, or an admin. Captains are not required to be the 2 best players, but preference will go towards veteran players.

NOTE: Once teams have started to be picked, only the players on the server at the start of the draft can be picked. IE: If team 1 has their 5 players picked but team 2 only has 4 players picked and are ready to pick their 5th, and then h0ps joins the server, they can no pick h0ps. In this situation h0ps would be required to sit for the game, or go to the pub. While I still think it's important to keep fair teams, I will no longer make someone sit if they show up during draft. We will just place them on the appropriate team. If an appropriate team can not be decided by captains & players, then that person may still be required to sit.

Once teams are picked games will be started with a 3 minute countdown.Determined to be too long. 90 Secs for non-quad maps, 120 Secs for Quad maps. This will give captains time to talk to their team, setup positions and prepare strategies. Games will be 20 minutes long. Otherwise, rules will be the same as the pub (no BFG, fast weapon switch, etc).

Players who are willing to play but do not get picked are required to play the next game.

In the event that someone has to leave during a game a sub can be asked for as long as the other captain agrees. Sub should be of equal or lesser skill then the player leaving.

Players on the winning team of each game receive 5 points for the win. Loosing team gets 3 points. Players on the server willing to play, but don't get picked get 1 point. Subs get full points with their team and disconnects still get their 1 point for participation. Minimum points should be 5 (1 for showing up first game, 3 for losing second game, 1 for showing up 3rd game) and maximum is 15. So participation can beat out wins.

Team points do not matter in teamplay, and they wont matter here. Players will not be penalized for running offence instead of racking up points on D. This should encourage teamplay and working together instead of showboating. Hopefully.
Points were determined to be a hassle and stupid.

Specs:

There are limited slots available on the match server so "Don't sit on the bench if you aren't ready to play". If there is only enough for a 3v3 and you want to sit spec, I have no issues with that. However, if the server is full and you want to grab some grub and spec, please leave the server so someone else can join. I don't anticipate the server being full, but if it becomes an issue I will look for a solution (likely asking for a second match server and have 2 PU's going). I would hate to see people lose out on their "Participation" point(s) because they can't join the server.

Aliases:

People who come to the server under an alias, and _do not_ announce who they are to both captains, will not be allowed to participate. Most people know that I play under the alias "Ziel" which is fine, because people know it's me (same goes for Azog/Reek, etc). However, we will not allow "sabotage" to participate. If a new player miraculously shows up to the community, they will be expected to play a few games on the pub before being allowed to be picked in this league.  

Map Pool:

Rampless
Twin Castles
Ride the Dragon (Lite and regular)
Outpost Omega
Fleeting Fury
Variation of the Blues
Final Frontier (05b)
Slippery When Wet
Tribute (NX7)
The Pit
Spazctf
Bletey's Blues
Stronghold Opposition
Suma6
LFCTF3 - Counterparts
LFCTF7 - McShimley
Marics_ctf3 - Mayhem in the middle
BEERCTF3 - Neon Nexus
Final Showdown (CTF5)
Counterpards (LFCTF3)
Farewell to the kings (LFCTF2)
Cacophony (As2m7)
Lush (LF10)
Clones (LF4) - Quad version ONLY
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 10:21:36 AM by Targe+ » Logged

Worst player N/A. Only knows how to +back, +spam & +RJ. Also, is a known stacker.

Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 01:25:26 PM »

First map will be picked in advance by popular vote on the forums. After that the losing captain can pick the follow up map from the list provided below. That captain is not required to captain again, or even play in the next game.

Since I didn't get a chance to start a mapvote this week, I will just pick the first map to be Variation of the Blues. After that loosing captain still picks the next map.

See you guys Sunday @ 9PM EST

Talgo

Worst player N/A. Only knows how to +back, +spam & +RJ. Also, is a known stacker.

MaryJane Ceth
Grenade Spammer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 08:33:45 PM »

You aren't going to add q2ctf1 and q2ctf5? I can understand ctf1 being kind of lame cause flag carriers will be using railgun windows but ctf5 is pretty awesome map IMO.
Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 08:43:27 PM »

You aren't going to add q2ctf1 and q2ctf5? I can understand ctf1 being kind of lame cause flag carriers will be using railgun windows but ctf5 is pretty awesome map IMO.

There is a map thread specifically for maps. Please post your requests there and try to garner interest. If there is enough interest, I will add to the map list. On the same note, if there is enough disinterest in a map, it can be removed.

http://www.acmectf.com/forum/index.php/topic,4372.msg61057/topicseen.html#new

Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 07:27:26 PM »

First game is tonight. Added a few more maps that were suggested in the other thread. Purposely keeping out the top3 and 2 quad maps until I get more feedback.

Talgo

Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 10:40:52 PM »

First night in the bag. 4v4 Vatiations, 5v5 McShimly (stan's Pick), 5v5 Rampless (my pick)

Talgo

Yoda
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 01:41:37 AM »

What did I win?  grin
Reek
Grenade Spammer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 10:19:00 AM »

What did I win?  grin

Season tickets for the habs in the reds.
Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 10:11:55 AM »

Question: What should we do about the first map every week?

I was originally going to have a vote on the forum, but I don't want to have too many topics that people get lost when they come to the forums. Maybe winning captain from last week can pick map this week (Reek)? Or maybe Captain from the loosing team (Me, but I would nominate HF, since I picked Rampless).

Looking for suggestions here.

Talgo

Reek
Grenade Spammer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 10:25:13 AM »

Question: What should we do about the first map every week?

I was originally going to have a vote on the forum, but I don't want to have too many topics that people get lost when they come to the forums. Maybe winning captain from last week can pick map this week (Reek)? Or maybe Captain from the loosing team (Me, but I would nominate HF, since I picked Rampless).

Looking for suggestions here.

Talgo

YEAH! YEAH! Let me pick it!
Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 10:43:05 AM »

While I would still like input... Sure! Go nuts. List of maps is in the first post. Your map will be the first to be played this Sunday.

Talgo

housefly
Master of Rails

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 06:47:51 PM »

I say the first map should be caco just to get everybody there on time for the best map and to get them playing at their best, after that switch to underplayed quad maps.

If not caco then clones quad-style.
Fors
ACME Admin
Master of Rails

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 10:01:37 PM »

starting any PU night out with caco is a great idea...

“There’s only X amount of time. You can do whatever you want with that time. It’s your time.”
ex
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 02:08:31 AM »

starting any PU night out with caco is a great idea...

That won't happen because some genius decided to shelve the most loved maps in the game for some social experiment. rolleyes
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 02:10:36 AM by ex » Logged

"ex is a banned bigot!"
Reek
Grenade Spammer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 02:19:53 AM »

While I would still like input... Sure! Go nuts. List of maps is in the first post. Your map will be the first to be played this Sunday.

Talgo

I will go with Tribute from that list. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2017, 01:07:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
[Today at 10:13:54 AM]

[September 21, 2017, 11:46:47 PM]

[September 20, 2017, 12:32:42 AM]

[September 18, 2017, 11:08:24 AM]

[September 15, 2017, 11:00:42 AM]

by KiD
[September 14, 2017, 11:59:54 AM]

[September 12, 2017, 12:17:24 PM]