ACMECTF
  Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   *
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: December 1st :Time For A Cash Prize 3vs3 Tournament  (Read 362 times)
KiD
Grenade Spammer

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2017, 02:26:12 PM »

Getting cold here in montreal. That is the universal sign that winter is around the corner. Every year we kill it on the Christmas event night so I think this year we can start a little early and bring in some rail assassins to boost the playerbase for that time of year.

Beaver got the server numbers up lately with a lot of new faces.  I am seeing a lot of the newer guys make a great improvement to their railwarz gameplay. Nothing better way to encourage the masses then with a friendly competitive tourny.

I would like to do it OGL style with predetermined times for gameplay. This may be a lot to ask and may not even work out. Trying is half the battle so lets get this done.

Basic Ruling(Subject to changes)

-Teams of 4 allowing for one ringer
-Each team will face off twice at differently scheduled times (One map pick per clan), we normally do best of 3 but that rarely works because it is time consuming and has to many issues
-Wins will be 2 points and a Tie will be 1 point each clan
-Teams will be chosen via a pool of players willing to participate
-Clan leaders will consist of logical volunteers that will try and make things as fair as possible(Looking for at least 6 clans)
-Clan leaders will be drawn at random for the order of picks.
-Player picks will work in the style of a pick up game.
-Failure to have a team present the night of agreed time will lead to a forfeited match
-Teams of 4 means no outside ringers.
-Beaver will not play for every clan this time around Cheesy (Lmao)

On a side note I would like to give a big shout out to beaver for having a vision of what he wanted to do with the server and made it happen. Good job brother.

Tournament to Begin Friday, December 1st, 2017

I am Accepting Donations for a Grand Prize incentive.

I will start the pool with 100$ to start the interest.
Prize money to be seperated evenly between the 4 players in the clan.
If you did not participate in any matches at all you forfeit your winnings to your team.
Any amount will be greatly appreciated I do not care if we build it up 2$ at a time. High Cash Prize higher interest

Grand Prize Fund :
100$ or 25$/Person

Simply reply here or contact me via facebook/email/phone with your name if you would like to participate
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 06:32:51 PM by KiD » Logged
beaver1
Grapple Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 06:09:14 PM »

sounds good!

the good ol days are back!

ill play primarily defense and support!

but only if KiD runs the offense 75% of the time. maybe 50% if i feel like i can dedicate that much focus and not go AFK.

our 3rd player.

someone new and active who is still honing their skills day by day

or someone older and dependable that wont miss a match, whose reflexes aren't quite what they used to be when they owned everyone back in the day (not saying they dont still own me every once in a while) like underlord zz4 fire retrer... i would say oldguy... but hes way better than all these old dusty farts! so that would be unfair advantage for us..   Grin

we will decline on the ringer to save more players for the remaining 5 clans

we will pledge 75% of any earnings we win to the future of railwarz by donating them to the next tournament + another $25 from me each time we win!

our 3rd player whoever you might be can keep their earnings, please don't feel obligated to pay your earnings forward because you are on our team! Smiley its almost a guaranteed victory for us! but who knows maybe someone will surprise us  Roll Eyes

i hope KiD is cool with this idea, other wise ill have go to supreme commander beast mode and make housefly nipple talk you into it   Kiss

also i can contribute 25 to this first tournament to get it started just send me paypal link or  something
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 06:13:38 PM by beaver1 » Logged

ACME https://discord.gg/njqWMqE
Quake Legacy https://discord.gg/NxPM68Y
Tastyspleen https://discord.gg/BKKVN

All Q2CTF Communities are now idling on Q2CTF Discord L-Fire LMCTF Expert CTF and Railwarz - https://discord.gg/3XXtaMC
KiD
Grenade Spammer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 10:49:58 PM »

https://railwarz.com/

Topic is running on both sites
Reefer
ACME Admin
Powerhouse, TBH

Quake 2 doesn't play itself!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 04:04:16 AM »

I am down! This is the 3AM reply going here so on that note, without talking to any of these guys or any kind of heads up at all, I propose the team of ExpertZ:

lil' goner - expert ctf
suybean - expert ctf
kevorkian - expert ctf
donde - idiot ctf

This pinky / brain team was built to debate science, kick ass, and cap flags.  And we just ran out of science.

Trying to be bitchin can come at the risk of being instead, a complete fool. But, not trying at all, and hence never risking being a fool, can come at the price of never being bitchin even once. -chongo
KiD
Grenade Spammer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 06:35:10 PM »

Revised Date for tournament, Set for December to build up a bigger hype and more clans
KiD
Grenade Spammer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 06:43:34 PM »

Grand Prize Fund :
125$

Thank you godspeed for adding another 25$ to the grand prize fund.

Player pool to date: 16 Players
1. Kid
2. Beav
3. Reefer
4. Godspeed
5. Legacy
6. Prez
7. Zag
8. Q2R
9. wow
10. patriot
11. sleeper
12. Greenz
13. chocotaco
14. Suybean
15. zT.Lash
16. h0ps
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:24:17 AM by KiD » Logged
h0ps
Powerhouse, TBH

^^This is Rated M^^

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 05:16:49 PM »

Here's a quick breakdown:

Hops joins tournament.
Hops team wins tournament.
Godspeed whines hops is cheating.
Hops never gets prize money.
Hops laughs.
Hops leaves.

Have fun all  cheesy

[16:21] <+uwantEm> one of the best LM players
[16:21] <+uwantEm> lives in indianoplois
[16:21] <&alka> wrong, h0ps is in ohio
KiD
Grenade Spammer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 10:19:34 AM »

dont get cocky about it Cheesy The teams will be picked by style of pick up game round robins. Trying to spread out the talent as evenly as possible.
Money is in canadian hands. Winners will be paid but you were not wrong that you will not get paid. Noob Tongue I feel like we should be playing WWE Vince McMahon Theme song for h0ps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWDkSQc_U9A
Titled: No Chance In Hell!

You are probably correct about godspeed crying though, so that may be worth 1$ payable in advance  laugh

When you come join the server on a public basis you deal with all the talent tiers. You will see the challenge it can be when you have guys like Lazy, Vap, Patriot, Moneydukes, Scy, Wow, elk all playing within the same games, its not the same mod with guys like that all together. These Champs will make your butthole tighten when they try and put it in you  evil

I am Adding you in, if not I am giving godspeed your home address
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:21:14 AM by KiD » Logged
KiD
Grenade Spammer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 11:27:04 PM »

Just to clarify as some people did not catch on to the ruling of the tournament.
You do not pick your team, it would never balance out if we did it that way.

Captains will be chosen for the evenly numbered clans we have,  afterwards the order of picks will be chosen at random to see who gets first to last pick.

Number of clans will depend on the player pool each having 4 players for possible 4vs4 or 3vs3 as sometimes players will be missing.

No exceptions from outside ringers, this makes it uneven for others, each clan should have a fair shot.

Players will be picked one by one by the captains. The captains chosen will be based on their knowledge of the players involved.

It seems complicated but it should be seen more as a throw your name in a hat and play for fun. Games will happen several nights a week in the first weeks of december not to push into the holidays where people get busy.

Player pool to date: 21 Players
1. Kid
2. Beav
3. Reefer
4. Godspeed
5. Legacy
6. Prez
7. Zag
8. Q2R
9. wow
10. patriot
11. sleeper
12. Greenz
13. chocotaco
14. Suybean
15. zT.Lash
16. h0ps
17. Moneydukes
18.Elk (on a maybe waiting on confirmation)
19. Kevorkian
20. Dualshock
21.Vap

Grand Prize Fund to date :
125$

Get those numbers up, let me know if you know someone who is interested in playing.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 04:17:33 PM by KiD » Logged
beaver1
Grapple Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 07:39:47 AM »

should give the weakest team captain first pick ya? strongest team captain last pick? maybe it doesnt matter too much..

but once you do finally get teams picked out... maybe we should look them all over... and let the chamber of commerce decide if they look even or not?

ACME https://discord.gg/njqWMqE
Quake Legacy https://discord.gg/NxPM68Y
Tastyspleen https://discord.gg/BKKVN

All Q2CTF Communities are now idling on Q2CTF Discord L-Fire LMCTF Expert CTF and Railwarz - https://discord.gg/3XXtaMC
KiD
Grenade Spammer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 11:59:54 AM »

Captains pick order will be picked out of a hat. There logically wont be a weaker captain in there
Beside the way the picks will come out will balance that out
If there are 6 clans

we pick 1 to 6. Last pick gets 2 picks as we go back down the list 6 to 1.

First pick gets overall best choice so to say but it balances out as middle picks always get pretty well balanced picks and last pick gets 2 back to back picks in the first round which could be highly beneficial.

Dont worry beaver I am trying to balance this out as much as possible to make it fun and fair for everyone
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:00:42 PM by KiD » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2017, 01:06:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
[Today at 10:13:54 AM]

[September 21, 2017, 11:46:47 PM]

[September 20, 2017, 12:32:42 AM]

[September 18, 2017, 11:08:24 AM]

[September 15, 2017, 11:00:42 AM]

by KiD
[September 14, 2017, 11:59:54 AM]

[September 12, 2017, 12:17:24 PM]