ACMECTF
  Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   *
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quake 2 Community Appreciation  (Read 1453 times)
KiD
Grapple Monkey

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2018, 11:22:17 AM »

Just wanted to show a quick appreciation for all the content being added to the game and contributors behind them.

Mr quake himself aka The Beaver.

Throughout the last couple years we have had a significant amount of people participating in rebuilding the game. After the closure of the acme servers there was a lot of worry that our mod was at its last day. Not everyone was happy about the situation including myself as back then there were some heated outbreaks between some players. After aggressive promotion tactics by beaver he made sure you could not go 2 days without hearing about railwarz and quake, between promoting the servers and discord beaver has been relentless. Revamping the playerbase all together and fishing players from all around the world to become addicted to railwarz. We lost many good players and have gained many new ones. To top it all off he has released a variety of maps for us to enjoy. Great job beaver

Donde,donde,donde.....

Where to begin with your whacky antics. A once Lfire player fully devoted to the railwarz cult today. Donde has been a critical glue between many of the players as he has an easygoing crazy way about him. There has not been a night where I do not look crazy for laughing alone in front of a computer because of this gentleman. Between being our official MC-Spokesman through video and vocal interviews. Donde has Provided a website/Twitch channel to expose us even more. This man has respect flowing through his blood and steps on no toes. I may not have known donde(aka Reefer) for many years and feel like I have known him my entire quake career as he in my opinion is part of the backbone of railwarz. Thanks for all your contributions Dondeliscious.

Mr Undervalued. Aka Godspeed

A very controversial person in our mod, we can call him Mr ButterKnife as he just spreads that shit everywhere. Known for Poking bears this man has contributed to many many aspects of the game. Between Automated Email systems, playable bot servers and stat systems this man has dabbled in a bit of everything. He has been setting an imaginary bar of talent in his mind for years. One of my favorite people to play with.... honestly. Godspeed has helped organize some of the greatest tournaments, great clans and great competition. This man is by far a railwarz legend to my eyes. Thank you GS.

Mr Grumpy aka The Underlord.

We all know how many years this man has given to us. Between Running servers, Running Clans and running his complaints by everyone online this man is a legend! Underlord has been by far one of this biggest contributors to the mod and game itself. He has run some of the longest lasting tight community clans and has made me laugh countless amounts of hours.  I would never consider railwarz to be railwarz without his countless hours of dedication to the mod. GoB/Fma servers were the go to for many years. This man takes no shit and shows upmost respect towards us. Also an incredibly talented artist. So to you Mr Underlord, my harley buddy, I thank you very much.

Thank you to the Acme community for allowing this legendary mod to survive this long.

Special mentions for Superb and his sexy skin paks. Lil-Goner with his server and map knowledge.

Special thanks to all players for caring more about the community then playing the game itself.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 11:53:30 AM by KiD » Logged
beaver1
Master of Rails

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 07:07:25 PM »

so you are going to organize another railwarz tournament? i think thats what i read? Smiley

how about you just organize a recurring pick up match night that happens every friday night.

our numbers are huge friday nights.. if we did the same thing every week people could expect it and would fall in line for the matches.

make an official start time... make it last 2 hours maybe... and have some pre set maps rotation lined up maybe?   outsiders could see the event posted and look forward to certain maps and quality competitive games.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 07:09:53 PM by beaver1 » Logged

Join this Mega Quake Discord!
Quake Legacy Mod Revival!
https://discord.gg/3XXtaMC
Join us in the #L-Fire CTF  #LMCTF #railwarz  and #expertctf channels!
KiD
Grapple Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 04:28:45 PM »

I will work on something shortly but I really dont know if I have the energy to organize with people online. Maybe a small 3vs3 tourny I will see.
Reefer
ACME Admin
Powerhouse, TBH

Quake 2 doesn't play itself!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 04:04:34 PM »

Wow thank you for writing that KiD. I mean you even wrote a whole paragraph of good things about UnderLORD. I didn't know you could hold your breath that long!  Haha JK love you UL even more when you're grumpy.  cheesy

Trying to be bitchin can come at the risk of being instead, a complete fool. But, not trying at all, and hence never risking being a fool, can come at the price of never being bitchin even once. -chongo
spade
Playah

aka DaWg

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 02:24:13 PM »

I have not played in a long time, but it's really nice to see an appreciation thread. The community doesnt know what it has until it loses it. 6-7 years ago (maybe longer?) on railwarz.com forums things could get pretty toxic at times and I always felt the trash talk was driving away people left and right.

Thanks Beav. Your emails are the only reason I came back. It helped knowing the mod wasnt dead and that scrims/matches were still being organized.

Thanks KiD for the write up. Was cool to see.
beaver1
Master of Rails

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 01:17:26 PM »

Thanks guys really nice seeing so many old players coming back! This has by far been the best year of railwarz yet! looking forward to many more!  grin

reach out to all your old friends and lets make it grow a little more!

Join this Mega Quake Discord!
Quake Legacy Mod Revival!
https://discord.gg/3XXtaMC
Join us in the #L-Fire CTF  #LMCTF #railwarz  and #expertctf channels!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2019, 09:29:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
[June 11, 2019, 02:04:26 PM]

by h0ps
[March 29, 2019, 03:58:17 PM]

[March 08, 2019, 01:08:54 PM]

by awc
[January 03, 2019, 01:37:18 PM]

by awc
[December 25, 2018, 09:59:33 AM]