ACMECTF
  Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   *
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anticheat exemptions & such  (Read 10944 times)
WORM
Chief philosopher and martini shaker
Administrator
Powerhouse, TBH

Take it easy, man.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 12, 2007, 11:51:54 AM »

It appears we have a problem with some people bitching and moaning about players with anticheat exemptions. I don't know if it's because they don't understand or just want to start crap and ruin games on the serverfor others or what but lets get this straight so everyone understands about exemptions and can then STFU about it.

R1CH's anticheat is not compatible with some operating systems, i.e. Linux, Win98, Mac and such, and a minority of players are limited to those operating systems so we make exceptions for ones that we feel are clean and legit.

There are very few people that have an exemption. We do not and will not give them without good reason, they are rare and hard to come by. Some examples are:

1) Poo! plays mainly Railwarz. He runs R1Q2 on Linux, doesn't have a Windows box at all. He has been playing a long time and has never shown any inclination to cheat, people that have played with him vouch for him. Poo! has an exemption.

2) Cyanide is in same situation as Poo! but plays L-Fire CTF. An old player that has never shown any cheats gets exemption.

3) BoneyBitch uses Mac. Even tho she has quite a mouth at times  rolleyes we gave her an exemption because she has been around the game for a long time and we haven't seen any indication of problems.

4) Lydia, Mikeski and ThinkBigSti run Win98. No problems with them so exempt. Lydia has come a long, long way from when he first picked up the game and is now very good at timing quad and armour. He does it with manual timer which is available to anyone. If you played as many hours as he does you would expect to improve greatly or wonder why not.  tongue

5) Pikachu runs WinXP 64bit. Until R1CH releases a compatible anticheat for it Pik will be exempt. Most of you have played with Pik for years so I doubt you would question his validity.

6)Smoke[MaxX] runs Windows ME and we gave an exemption so he can continue to play.

There have been some exemption issued that are no longer used because the players later upgraded their operating system, Shrimp and Firearm both upgraded so they could use anticheat. Now there is dedication for you.  grin

You might see myself or another admin exempt on occasion for testing purposes, please don't get bent out of shape if you see us.

We still perform file checks, cvar checks, etc. and do everything we can to keep everyone legit even if they are exempt.

Now....with all that being said... the problem is with a very, very few players but don't you all think it's time to stop the bullshit accusations against others on the server about cheating? I know I sure do.

If you get fragged by someone, or don't score higher than them in a game, or whatever...there is absolutely no reason to go on and on with accusations of bot, cheat, and such. Or to refuse to play while you sit spec and spread your venom in the game.

Come to accept that you might just have been outplayed and say gg instead of the bitching.

The rumours of "hacked" anticheat and such also shows either a complete ignorance of the program or a conscious attempt to undermine the efforts of R1CH and our server....either of which shows a lack of respect for the game and others playing with you.

If you feel that you can not play with respect toward other players, our servers and admins then you need to go somewhere else with your crap....we don't want you polluting the fun everyone else is having. We have put too much effort into providing free servers for everyone to enjoy this old game and do not intend to stand by and let anyone ruin it.

As I said, this is mainly to the few that are causing the problem but it applies to everyone and applies to all of our servers.

Admins will be taking a harder stance on this from now on. Warnings may or may not be given and you can find yourself kicked, muted, temp or level banned as they see fit. Continue on and full bans will follow, enough is enough.

<xterm> The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
WORM
Chief philosopher and martini shaker
Administrator
Powerhouse, TBH

Take it easy, man.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 06:23:05 PM »

This also applies to unfounded accusations against players for imagined cheats, just ask freak. He started in on T! today and wouldn't stop even after he was warned from the console, sooooo....

Code:
sv bootfullban freak
freak was kicked.
freak has been banned until the server restarts.
Dropping freak, client issued 'disconnect'.

Let him cool off some and we'll see how it goes.

For the record, T! was one of the first to adapt to using R1CH's anticheat and has proven himself to be legit. Too bad some can not accept it when he kicks their ass in game.

<xterm> The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
DK
Powerhouse, TBH

It's all bout dat Whooo Whoooooo!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 06:25:43 PM »

This also applies to unfounded accusations against players for imagined cheats, just ask freak. He started in on T! today and wouldn't stop even after he was warned from the console, sooooo....

Code:
sv bootfullban freak
freak was kicked.

For the record, T! was one of the first to adapt to using R1CH's anticheat and has proven himself to be legit. Too bad some can not accept it when he kicks their ass in game.

I've met T! before... he is legit as WORM. says.  All of us from Memphis are Q2 legends, so please stop hating on us.

irc.accessirc.net #DK
TechnoViking!
ex
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 06:40:30 PM »

Guess I was just the right guy at the wrong time.  I didn't even know this thread was started up today.  :/

Just as I said on my thread, I apologize as I didn't realize this is such a big issue with accusations.  Guess T has had countless issues with this (wonder why???).

It is rare that I accuse anyone of cheating, I'm sure pretty much everyone can vouch for that.  I wouldn't say things that would result in a presumed-cheater's ban that I didn't think were honest and true.

I've just seen it too many times, people making ways around programs, matching file sizes perfectly, finding ways to get around checks (sending false reports on files, etc).  Deal with it way too much in ra2, that's for damn sure...

Don't know what else to say.. I just can't stand dealing with cheats.  They destroy good games.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 06:41:38 PM by freak » Logged

"ex is a banned bigot!"
CaKe
Powerhouse, TBH

Mmm CaKe

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 07:14:25 PM »

'an old player that has never shown any cheats gets exemption'

huh huh

plenty of other old players that have never shown any cheats that dont get an exemption

+i thought cyanides was for linux anyways

Catwoman: You don't owe these people anymore.  You've given them everything.
Batman: Not everything...not yet...
Snake
Server Operator
Master of Rails

Backshooters Serveradmin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 07:32:31 PM »

plenty of other old players that have never shown any cheats that dont get an exemption

Why would they? If they can run anticheat, why would they be given an exception? Or do I misunderstand your remark?

That's what WORM said?  "Poo! [...] runs R1Q2 on Linux" ... "Cyanide is in same situation as Poo!"
CaKe
Powerhouse, TBH

Mmm CaKe

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 08:11:39 PM »

Why would they? If they can run anticheat, why would they be given an exception? Or do I misunderstand your remark?

That's what WORM said?  "Poo! [...] runs R1Q2 on Linux" ... "Cyanide is in same situation as Poo!"

oh snap, im blind :/...makes sense now

Catwoman: You don't owe these people anymore.  You've given them everything.
Batman: Not everything...not yet...
Wake
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 08:55:26 PM »

ROFL @ "monorail cat."
The Cleaner
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 02:32:33 AM »

Code:
sv bootfullban freak
freak was kicked.

I've met T! before... he is legit as WORM. says.  All of us from Memphis are Q2 legends, so please stop hating on us.

Legends... And very talanted LAN planners!
DK
Powerhouse, TBH

It's all bout dat Whooo Whoooooo!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 03:07:03 AM »

Code:
sv bootfullban freak
freak was kicked.

Legends... And very talanted LAN planners!

talented*

irc.accessirc.net #DK
TechnoViking!
Blackberry
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 02:40:18 PM »

2) Cyanide is in same situation as Poo! but plays L-Fire CTF. An old player that has never shown any cheats gets exemption.

I hear Cyanide also uses a game pad.  If that's not hax, i'm not sure what is.

aka:  WORM.'s ringer.
l3ft0verz
Playah

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 05:50:03 PM »

Lydia, Mikeski and ThinkBigSti run Win98.

Smoke[MaxX] runs Windows ME

OMG u guyz must all be old...and probably crotchety

Do u know how bad security is on 98....let's see..it has a password option to login BUT if u want, u can just hit enter and it goes right past    AND worse   if somebody wants to map a drive over the network, 98 defaults to sharing all drives with no password at all, with full access...its just like HI ..how ya doing..u wanna come on board..delete some files..sure why not?

it just makes me laugh how wide open those os's are. (i think ME is pretty much the same)

but anyway

WORM
how do u confirm a person is a using a certain OS..just out of curiosity?
i know 'nmap' has an OS fiingerprinting option, but is that reliable?
Not that i think ppl are cheating at all but it does seem easy to just say I am using a certain OS then escape the AC issue.

i think there are way way way way too many false accusation of bot...though some ppl seem to do it as a joke, and others have seemingly god-like railz (u bitches are so lucky...i really wanted to use the B-word on Amateur one day).  Though ppl rarely accuse me of being a bot, I persoanlly take it as a compliment..I'm like 'thanks...and Resistance is Futile, You all will be Assimilated'

i think a good idea would be to upload a spec'd demo pack of known cheaterz, showing where it is obvious that they hack so other ppl can pick up on it and learn how to call  'bot' appropriately, instead of out of jealousy

I have only seen one bot in my time quaking and he had a rail that would shoot out of his ass...it was amazing..but was obvious after like 1 minute of game play..whereupon much hurling of obscenities ensued...and the dude could type amazingly fast..it was probably yello'Fire...what a fawkin patzer

l3ft
YellowFire
Better than Riles
Formerly Banned Idiot
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2007, 09:08:06 AM »

it was probably yello'Fire...what a fawkin patzer

patzer? dem's fightin' words!

ksoul
A legend in his own mind.
Powerhouse, TBH

Made in Canada

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2007, 11:06:54 AM »

bot this bot that. Ill tell you who is botting and who isnt. Only one way to tell and thats by specing. There are two types (but many variations)

1. The mouse will fallow the opponents almost like a homming missle.

2. I like to call it the "kick back". When your rail (vertical or horizontal) is set to 1 or even as little as .2, you can see the rail move side by side or up and down just a little bit, it almost looks like a screen flicker, but from the railgun. if you know what to look for you can see.

But all in all. as I have been playing over the last 10 minutes in the last 2 months. It doesn't look like anyone was using any sort of autoaim device...
but if you think someone is, let me know and ill spec em.  grin

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
Setherial
Grenade Spammer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 06:41:55 PM »

When can i get exempt from using Anticheat? Cause I really miss quaking and can't run it anymore because I get kicked for nonsense files that I can't even find. Took awhile to even get Quake 2 working on my laptop with Vista. I've been around Q2CTF on and off for like 8 almost 9 years. I would never cheat (ASK ALKA! -edit: OR SLASHER who knows mr IRL - They've been playing with me since netdoor/rabbitpoo and longer), and I've never been accused of cheating. I'm the crutch, I don't need cheats. Win or lose, it's just a game, and cheating in a game is just stupid. So.. EXEMPT ME PLEASE, I WANT TO PLAY. OR FIX MY SHIT.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 06:44:33 PM by rofflez » Logged
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 06, 2019, 11:22:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
by h0ps
[November 16, 2019, 09:55:25 PM]

[October 16, 2019, 02:14:37 AM]

[July 28, 2019, 05:13:29 PM]

[March 08, 2019, 01:08:54 PM]

by awc
[January 03, 2019, 01:37:18 PM]

by awc