ACMECTF
  Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   *
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spring Cup -- TEAMS -- STANDINGS -- SCHEDULE -- RULES --  (Read 69624 times)
WORM
Chief philosopher and martini shaker
Administrator
Powerhouse, TBH

Take it easy, man.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2013, 10:58:04 PM »

Why does a teams voice comm method matter? 

It's not about the team...it's about the competition as a whole. Both teams being on same voice comm service allows easier coordination and communication between teams setting up for the game and any issues that may arise can be addressed quickly and easily between teams. Both teams being on the same voice comm shows compliance with normal competition rules...no other players on team channels except team members so no challenges as to "ghosting" or other so-called cheats occuring during competition. Each team can easily see this is transparent and everything is above board and beyond reproach for both sides.

As far as method of communication choice? I personally prefer mumble as the best quality and least latency...we provide a Mumble server for all players. Second, I would pick Teamspeak3. As the majority of players prefer Ventrilo it has become the de facto standard for AcmeCTF and we have a Ventrilo server available for use on our game servers.

I would gladly set up Teamspeak3 for use if that is what everyone wanted. But it has not been the case. So why should one or two players that do not even play on our servers except for being on one team in this cup determine what is used???!!! Sorry, that is beyond belief. Same with the variation in maps due to one player.......it is completely unfair to other teams in this cup.

Now...may I get back to my Friday night martinis? tyvm

<xterm> The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
RD-Rust
Master of Rails

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2013, 11:14:19 PM »

I'm not partial to any particular voice comm -- I'm a follower!

In terms of letting one player determine the server, to RUSTYs point, he gave us (me) the option to 3v3, 4v4 w/ sub, or 4v4 on tasty. While my (our) allegiance is to acme, I really wanted ex to ping 20 so he could actually do something. Ha, ha, ha. More importantly, I just wanted everyone to be able to play and saw no real downside. It had our scheduled map, if it didn't, I probably would have offered tasty but we got to choose map color. Actually, I'da probably flipped for it...I like attacking blue Smiley

Ditto Fri-tini's. Holla.

-roost.
RUSTY```
carpet scooter at large
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2013, 11:22:05 AM »

Please keep in mind that if it wasn't for these two players that don't even play on ACME's pub there wouldn't have been enough sign-ups for 4 teams.  I'm not sorry for asking compromise from all in order to accommodate all.  I have not forced matchtime compromise on anyone.

I still fail to see the big problem with not being on vent.  Even on vent i generally talk with the other team in the game chat.  Any fear of comm ghosting/cheating I hope would be none just after looking at the first player on each team.  I find that criticism insulting.   The teams are lead by reasonable individuals who can start matches and make needed compromises without me.  Matches don't need a constant overseer.  It would be one thing if a player actually said to me they wish I was on vent last night so they could have jumped in my channel because they had an actual issues, but this theoretical criticism is a bit much.  This is supposed to be an update/standings thread.

WOOF WOOF
WORM
Chief philosopher and martini shaker
Administrator
Powerhouse, TBH

Take it easy, man.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2013, 04:35:19 PM »

It would be one thing if a player actually said to me they wish I was on vent last night so they could have jumped in my channel because they had an actual issues, but this theoretical criticism is a bit much.

Pardon me...I thought that was what this was:

....The main problem is your team wasn't on vent, not a single person.  It's too hard when the other team has 4 members all on vent.

Looking back, I see where your cup rules do not even address voice comm or many other issues so I guess it's a moot point. However, I do see where ex's comment is valid.

No insult intended, Rusty. I just call 'em as I see 'em and if you will notice I did not say anything until after ex posted. And this thread had gone way beyond being "an update/standings thread" long before I posted.

Stop getting your panties in a wad because I voice an opinion.  Crying "insult" every other breath is...well....insulting. tongue

<xterm> The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
NQK Ramirez
Grenade Spammer

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2013, 04:53:27 PM »

Let's settle this insulting business with a Duel. 

mano a mano

Rusty V Worm

To make it fair, the duel should Be on Golgo's server.
Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2013, 06:58:20 PM »

Pardon me...I thought that was what this was:

....The main problem is your team wasn't on vent, not a single person.  It's too hard when the other team has 4 members all on vent.

To me, this is ex giving his reason why Rusty's team lost so bad to Rust's (/ex's) team. Rusty's team lost 11-1. IMO, ex is saying they would have done better if they were using voice communication not realizing that Rusty's team was on Teamspeak.

I for one am very happy that Silk & Zest were able to join this tournament. Let's not forget that if they didn't sign up, we wouldn't have had enough players.

In terms of letting one player determine the server, to RUSTYs point, he gave us (me) the option to 3v3, 4v4 w/ sub, or 4v4 on tasty (...)  More importantly, I just wanted everyone to be able to play and saw no real downside. It had our scheduled map, if it didn't, I probably would have offered tasty but we got to choose map color. Actually, I'da probably flipped for it...I like attacking blue Smiley

As the other captain to have played Rusty's team, this was my sentiments as well. I would much rather have everyone play then play 3v3 or try looking for a sub when that player is available. Hopefully Silk will learn from this lesson and try to be on earlier (that day or throughout the week) making sure he can get on the server. Also, keep in mind that my ping went from ~90 on ACME to ~120 on TS.

Good games have been had so far in this cup and IMO, the purpose is fun. I think anyone "ghosting" in a fun cup would be promptly removed from the cup. However, I would not allow anyone on my team to "ghost" and I trust the other 3 captains enough to know they wouldn't allow it either.

My 2c :-/

Talgo

Worst player N/A. Only knows how to +back, +spam & +RJ. Also, is a known stacker.

ex
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2013, 06:30:19 AM »

Ok, actually didn't realize the other people were on another voice server.  What that comes down to then, knowing that, is just a skill stack.  stan is pretty powerful on O, hard to deal with because rust, Fors, and me are all in general decent mid-strength players who can all handle roaming/D effectively.  I think IIRC rust did take on some of the O that game as well tho.  :>

BTW, not sure what the big to-do is about the whole "everyone on one voice server" thing...to me, the most important part is having YOUR team all on one voice server communicating with each other.  The other thing about having everyone on one server is less important, as coordination can be done very easily with messagemode in-game.

Not sure how the conversation steered in this direction, actually.  My original issue was that I thought none of RUSTY's team was on with him.  Now I realize the issue was really just a skill stack.  It's mainly due to Zest and Silk.  IIRC those are both railwarz players, and it's hard to make the transition from RWZ to regular CTF (harder IMO than going from reg CTF to RWZ).  Dash is decent, it's just that our team is actually pretty powerful.  Me, stan, and Fors always play together fairly well also.  Rust can be a lil bitch at times but in general he's cool too. laugh

Anyway, hope that smooths out any (or may have added more) dings in the hood of this thread.  :>
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 06:34:08 AM by ex » Logged

"ex is a banned bigot!"
RD-Rust
Master of Rails

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2013, 09:14:53 AM »

whatchoo talkin bout, willis?

play the game, drink a beer and smile. nutnelsegg.
roffles
Smacktards
Master of Rails

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2013, 05:38:21 PM »

(1) stan is pretty powerful on O, hard to deal with because rust, Fors, and (2) me are all in general decent mid-strength players who can all handle roaming/D effectively.

(3) It's mainly due to Zest and Silk.  IIRC those are both railwarz players, and it's hard to make the transition from RWZ to regular CTF (harder IMO than going from reg CTF to RWZ).  (4) Dash is decent.

Couple things to go over since someone shot himself up before getting on the forums and is a complete fucking idiot.

(1) stan sucks, bad.  Enough said. (<3)

(2) You're decent?  Since when?  We lost a 2on3 the other night because you're fucking horrible.  Enough said.

(3) Zest and Silk are LMCTF players, not railwarz.  And they also did very very well against us(Carrying Cartman) after we beat alkas team, and actually tied the game with us when I thought it would be more of a blowout since Zest and Silk aren't really LFire players.  That made no difference really because Zest is very good(aim wise), and Silk is also, just not so good at grappling(yet).

(4) Dash is very good IMO, not "decent".  He is actually one of the better grapplers in this Cup you crackhead.  Miles and miles better then stanley motherfucking james ( Sad! , <3 stan and <3 kt x A million)

(5) You're a fatass.
stan
Master of Rails

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2013, 09:04:00 PM »

In the kind words of the late KillerT, FKN {PLEASE} ricky ross.
NoobT would be rollin over in his grave right now if he was reading your post you sob.  wink

I gotta give it to Fors and ex. The last two cup nights I have played with them they really held it down in mid / D. Freak is a decent player when he wants to be, and he's done a great job communicating on vent and has hit some pretty clutch shots.  Fors has been hitting some pretty nasty rails as well, which is shocking because I usually have to get on his ass to actually do something.  cool

Rust on the other hand is too busy making drinks / sandwiches  in the kitchen to help me out on O... (jk buddy, <3). Actually I think rust did about 90% of the caps on our last two matches which is surprising because he and I were on the same team last cup and he played strictly D. Didn't know you had it in you Wink.
BoNkErS
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2013, 09:28:54 PM »

In the kind words of the late KillerT, FKN {PLEASE} ricky ross.
NoobT would be rollin over in his grave right now if he was reading your post you sob.  wink

I gotta give it to Fors and ex. The last two cup nights I have played with them they really held it down in mid / D. Freak is a decent player when he wants to be, and he's done a great job communicating on vent and has hit some pretty clutch shots.  Fors has been hitting some pretty nasty rails as well, which is shocking because I usually have to get on his ass to actually do something.  cool

Rust on the other hand is too busy making drinks / sandwiches  in the kitchen to help me out on O... (jk buddy, <3). Actually I think rust did about 90% of the caps on our last two matches which is surprising because he and I were on the same team last cup and he played strictly D. Didn't know you had it in you Wink.

Rust has lots of things in him- they're usually attached to some else though. <3
RD-Rust
Master of Rails

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2013, 09:39:05 PM »

wha whaa?

wheres the beer?

POLL: Whos an organ donor?
BoNkErS
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2013, 10:29:40 PM »

wha whaa?

wheres the beer?

POLL: Whos an organ donor?

You requesting someone else's organ?Huh

Ilu rust
NQK Ramirez
Grenade Spammer

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2013, 11:38:19 PM »

(1) stan is pretty powerful on O, hard to deal with because rust, Fors, and (2) me are all in general decent mid-strength players who can all handle roaming/D effectively.

(3) It's mainly due to Zest and Silk.  IIRC those are both railwarz players, and it's hard to make the transition from RWZ to regular CTF (harder IMO than going from reg CTF to RWZ).  (4) Dash is decent.

(1) stan sucks, bad.  Enough said. (<3)

(2) You're decent?  Since when?  We lost a 2on3 the other night because you're fucking horrible.  Enough said.

(4) Dash is very good IMO, not "decent".  He is actually one of the better grapplers in this Cup you crackhead.  Miles and miles better then stanley motherfucking james ( Sad! , <3 stan and <3 kt x A million)

(5) You're a fatass.

Preposterous! Blasphemy!  Stan over Dash any day of the week. Without a shadow of a doubt.
RD-Rust
Master of Rails

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2013, 08:50:04 PM »

Rust on the other hand is too busy making drinks / sandwiches  in the kitchen to help me out on O... (jk buddy, <3). Actually I think rust did about 90% of the caps on our last two matches which is surprising because he and I were on the same team last cup and he played strictly D. Didn't know you had it in you Wink.

Hm, how quickly ppl forget! In the first round of q2ctf/q3ctf I exclusively played offense. When I came back the general grapple proficiency / strafe jumping had improved 200% so i was relegated to holding T!'s pants up on D while he killed everyone in the first cup. So, I like playing both, and ur ok to play o with Smiley. I agree too, fors and ex are playing really well, thats been great. If we could get 4 of us sober one night we'll be a force to reckon with...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2017, 01:36:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
by h0ps
[June 14, 2017, 11:33:21 PM]

[June 13, 2017, 01:59:51 PM]

[June 09, 2017, 04:57:45 PM]

[June 02, 2017, 01:40:51 PM]

[May 30, 2017, 05:49:21 AM]

[May 30, 2017, 05:12:34 AM]

by h0ps