ACMECTF
  Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   *
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2015 L-Fire Pick Up League  (Read 44785 times)
Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2014, 02:02:55 PM »

Guys,

Every cup Acme has had has had problems. Mostly due to adult people having adult lives. This has caused issues with organizing teams as someone will sign up and then never show up (*cough* crow *cough*). Then there is the search for a sub, and the long discussion about who can sub for who. The one thing the "Best of the Best" thread shows is different people's opinion of their peers. That being said, I believe that most peoples "Top10" would have mostly the same players on it (just in different orders).

What I am proposing is a Pick Up League. Once or Twice a week people show up at a certain time (9pm est?) and pick teams from who shows. Then, maybe each player gets 2 points for showing, and 5 points for winning (or maybe losing team gets 2 points for losing and winning team gets 5 point). This would allow for people who are possibly not considered top tier to still be able to compete on the score board.

Captains could either be top 2 players (determined by the rest of the players) or just 2 random players (although I think they should be of equal skill). After that, Captains can have a rail off (whoever lands first rail on the other player) to see who picks first. If captains and players are all of equal skill, then the picks can be 1,1,1,1...etc but if there is one great player (*cough* h0ps *cough*) and a bunch of "okay" players, then maybe 1, 2, 1, 1...etc. I still think it would be preferable to have h0ps over the next 2 best players, but 1,3,2,1,1 might be stupid.

We could decide if maps are picked in advance, or if they are picked on the server. I would want to avoid playing caco/lush every map, every night. Also, should teams be changed after every map? Should sides be swapped and try again? Should that solely depend on the score of the first map?

Either way, I am looking for ideas and willing participants. If you like most of what I have above and you just want to post your interest in participation, that's cool. Just let me know here and post the best night(s) and time below. If you would like to add suggestions, please do so (positive or negative).

Bonkers is going to be helping out with this. I am hoping to have something that would run without a lot of outside intervention (and I can just keep players scores tallied). That might be asking too much though...

Talgo

Interested: Targe+, BoNkerS, KiD, Blackberry, Fors, Reefer, h0ps, beaver, ex, Cleaner, Alp, stan
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 11:05:34 AM by Targe+ » Logged

Worst player N/A. Only knows how to +back, +spam & +RJ. Also, is a known stacker.

KiD
Grapple Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 04:20:31 PM »

This has been a great success for railwarz lately, as long as it does not interfere with the sunday railwarz pugs and you should have most of our participation. Maybe do it on saturdays seeing as server is jam packed until late at night.

I will definitely without hesitation eat some chainbullet popcorn on saturdays.
BoNkErS
ACME Admin
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 05:33:43 PM »

This has been a great success for railwarz lately, as long as it does not interfere with the sunday railwarz pugs and you should have most of our participation. Maybe do it on saturdays seeing as server is jam packed until late at night.

I will definitely without hesitation eat some chainbullet popcorn on saturdays.

I'll gladly feed it to you, big boi. Wink
Blackberry
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 06:45:25 PM »

I could do this also.  Would be lots of fun!

I have been playing once or twice a month now but i'm very confused on who people are and how good they've become relative to me in the last year or so.  For an example, Reek aka Cake dominated me with a 100 ping the other day.  I had no idea who it was until they couldn't take a joke, then that kind of narrowed it down.  I find it ironic  he named himself after a huge narcissist.  (cake this is a joke, feel free to get pissed off)

Lot of people shouting respect on that thread and I honestly don't know half of them so I'm not going to be able to participate in that.  Just put me in the "ok player" catagory.  I can only say that Cake seems pretty damn good for a guy with a 99 ping.

aka:  WORM.'s ringer.
Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 06:49:27 PM »

Pretty sure that Reek is Ramirez (or whatever) and not Cake.

But thanks for your interest Smiley

If you don't know who I am, then you HAVE forgot a lot angry

Worst player N/A. Only knows how to +back, +spam & +RJ. Also, is a known stacker.

Blackberry
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 07:12:24 PM »

Oh, well in that case, everything I said about Cake, I really meant about Ramierez with the following exceptions:

I really don't know if Ramierez displays narcissistic tendencies.

Cake, you can still feel free to get pissed off!

That should cover it...

aka:  WORM.'s ringer.
Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 12:13:38 PM »

4 people so far...

Targe+, BoNkerS, KiD, Blackberry

Should I put a timeline on this? Should I give it more than 2 days before I become discouraged? Hello?

Talgo

WORM
Chief philosopher and martini shaker
Administrator
Powerhouse, TBH

Take it easy, man.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 12:28:48 PM »

Should I give it more than 2 days before I become discouraged?

Give it time. Let players know in the server....some would never see this.

<xterm> The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
WORM
Chief philosopher and martini shaker
Administrator
Powerhouse, TBH

Take it easy, man.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 12:30:53 PM »

Or....hire Beaver.  grin

<xterm> The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Fors
ACME Admin
Master of Rails

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 02:18:38 PM »

im in fursure

“There’s only X amount of time. You can do whatever you want with that time. It’s your time.”
Reefer
ACME Admin
Powerhouse, TBH

Quake 2 doesn't play itself!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2014, 02:34:00 PM »

Count me in plz

Trying to be bitchin can come at the risk of being instead, a complete fool. But, not trying at all, and hence never risking being a fool, can come at the price of never being bitchin even once. -chongo
h0ps
Powerhouse, TBH

^^This is Rated M^^

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 06:41:45 PM »

Not sure what my near-future scheduling will be like, so i dont want to commit to anything just yet, ill post info when i know more

[16:21] <+uwantEm> one of the best LM players
[16:21] <+uwantEm> lives in indianoplois
[16:21] <&alka> wrong, h0ps is in ohio
beaver
Master of Rails

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 07:23:29 PM »

start 1 night a week.

Saturdays im in unless i have a rwz match

every Saturday L-Fire PUG

advertise in game every night u play Saturday is L-Fire Pick up league/night  or whatever day you think might be better

just need 4 or 5 committed people

most people wont post here or reply right away, no worries

if 5  do it rest will follow, looks like u have a big enough following already

when do we start?

Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2014, 08:01:07 PM »

Not sure what my near-future scheduling will be like, so i dont want to commit to anything just yet, ill post info when i know more

I was worrying about starting teams due to varying schedules for everyone. This is a Pick Up league. If you aren't there you don't get points and might not make the finals, but you can still participate.

You of all people should have the best input. Read my OP and lemme know what you think.

ex
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2014, 02:29:59 AM »

I don't really get the idea behind this vs. an actual 2015 Winter-Spring cup.  Seems like this wouldn't really result in any true satisfying wins with a team being at the top.  This sounds more like a revival of pickup games with a slightly-more-organized set of rules, but no wins because there are no organized teams to hold those wins to over a period of time, just individual stats scored within picked teams setup.  I always enjoy cups more than anything else because it relies on teamwork between individuals to bring each other to victory.  This seems to come up lacking in that respect.

That being said, I'm in.  Although I question the successful capabilities of this type of thing, I don't mind being a part of something different.  Who knows, it might end up being fun.  And in the worst case scenario, as with all train wrecks, at least it will be quite a show to watch.   wink

Anyway, I'm off Sundays and Mondays so it would be nice to figure out some times for those days.  If it came down to it, I could do Saturday nights (though I'll be dead tired from the week), but any other days are flat out.  I lift my glass to this event's success.  :>

"ex is a banned bigot!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2019, 09:10:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
[June 11, 2019, 02:04:26 PM]

by h0ps
[March 29, 2019, 03:58:17 PM]

[March 08, 2019, 01:08:54 PM]

by awc
[January 03, 2019, 01:37:18 PM]

by awc
[December 25, 2018, 09:59:33 AM]