ACMECTF
  Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   *
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: L-F PUL Rules and Info  (Read 40660 times)
Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 02:25:20 PM »

I will go with Tribute from that list. 

Sure. First map this Sunday will be Tribute (NX7)

That won't happen because some genius decided to shelve the most loved maps in the game for some social experiment. rolleyes

rolleyes

I say the first map should be caco just to get everybody there on time for the best map

starting any PU night out with caco is a great idea...

Maybe. I will talk to whoever shows up on vent this Sunday and see what everyone thinks. If that is what everyone wants, that's what we will start with on 01/25. To be fair, I think the first game went off without a hitch (even without Caco  shocked)

Talgo

Worst player N/A. Only knows how to +back, +spam & +RJ. Also, is a known stacker.

housefly
Master of Rails

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 02:32:28 PM »

To be fair, I think the first game went off without a hitch (even without Caco  shocked)

Talgo

Because you won?

It was a gg, but a warmup on caco would have upped my game at least. Both servers were empty 15 minutes before gametime so there was no warmup.
Reek
Grenade Spammer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 03:36:28 PM »

To be fair, I think the first game went off without a hitch (even without Caco  shocked)

Talgo

Because you won?

It was a gg, but a warmup on caco would have upped my game at least. Both servers were empty 15 minutes before gametime so there was no warmup.

So you don't want the first game to be played on Caco, you just want to warm up on caco prior to playing the first map?
housefly
Master of Rails

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 04:07:49 PM »

I'll take both
Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 04:11:04 PM »

Because you won?

Maybe I should have made it plural and said "games". I meant the first PU (which I did, yes, win the first game. However, I lost the next 2).

Also, we played a full game on Variations (as warmup) before the match was played. I don't have any control on how many players are on the server before matches start (or when matches start either). However, if you need to play Caco in order to "warm up" then my suggestion is to try to pull players to the server(s) early and mapvote it. That way you can be ready at game time.

Talgo

Worst player N/A. Only knows how to +back, +spam & +RJ. Also, is a known stacker.

Reek
Grenade Spammer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 04:33:15 PM »

Because you won?

Maybe I should have made it plural and said "games". I meant the first PU (which I did, yes, win the first game. However, I lost the next 2).

Also, we played a full game on Variations (as warmup) before the match was played. I don't have any control on how many players are on the server before matches start (or when matches start either). However, if you need to play Caco in order to "warm up" then my suggestion is to try to pull players to the server(s) early and mapvote it. That way you can be ready at game time.

Talgo

Full game seems enough to warm up to me. 
housefly
Master of Rails

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2015, 04:48:55 PM »

Talgo

Really? I can?!

What I suggested was this:

I say the first map should be caco just to get everybody there on time for the best map and to get them playing at their best, after that switch to underplayed quad maps.

If not caco then clones quad-style.

And that was in response to this from you:

Looking for suggestions here.

And:

I would still like input...

I already guessed that you don't have any control on how many people join the server. Thought my suggestion was helpful so just ignore it if you disagree.
Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 05:07:48 PM »

What I suggested was this:

I say the first map should be caco just to get everybody there on time for the best map and to get them playing at their best, after that switch to underplayed quad maps.

If not caco then clones quad-style.

And that was in response to this from you:

Looking for suggestions here.

And:

I would still like input...

I already guessed that you don't have any control on how many people join the server. Thought my suggestion was helpful so just ignore it if you disagree.

I had already replied to that suggestion

Maybe. I will talk to whoever shows up on vent this Sunday and see what everyone thinks. If that is what everyone wants, that's what we will start with on 01/25. To be fair, I think the first game went off without a hitch (even without Caco  shocked)

Talgo

Which you have already quoted....

Why are we going round and round here? Is it because I called the first PU night "Game" instead of "Games"? My point is that we played 3 maps, none of which were Caco, and still had fun. Or at least I did. I thought things went well. I don't remember you saying you needed to play Caco in order to warmup, so I had the warmup on the map we were about to play.

Talgo

housefly
Master of Rails

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2015, 05:10:05 PM »

I gave a suggestion for future games after you asked for suggestions. My mistake?
Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2015, 05:46:24 PM »

I gave a suggestion for future games after you asked for suggestions. My mistake?

I never made any negative comments about your suggestion. Actually, I said I would bring it up this Sunday at the games (3 times now). I have no idea what your agenda is here...

Talgo

housefly
Master of Rails

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2015, 06:37:25 PM »

I have no idea what your agenda is here...

My agenda was to give my opinion on what the first map should be. I got the idea for suggesting a map when you asked for suggestions on what the first map should be. Confusing as hell I know.
Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2015, 10:39:43 AM »

Maybe. I will talk to whoever shows up on vent this Sunday and see what everyone thinks. If that is what everyone wants, that's what we will start with on 01/25.

Talgo

I forgot to talk to peeps. Too a.d.d...

Either way it seems like the majority want to play Caco & Clones, so they have been added to the map pool.

Looking for feedback on captains. Last night I didn't captain once, and instead we did 1 - 2 - 1 - 1...etc. First map (Tribute) we had greenz & alp captain. Second (Variations) was Fors & Bee (Superb) and Third (Omega) was Yoda & Reefer. I think the matches went well enough (teams wise) but that might be "because I won"  rolleyes

Talgo

EDIT: Had to force "winter" to spec, as no one knew who he/she was. Said they play on the Latvia server quite a bit (and they were on the pub before the games) but wouldn't say what other names they used (and I don't recognize "winter", although, I don't recognize a lot of the Latvia players)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 01:35:54 PM by Targe+ » Logged

Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2015, 10:18:13 AM »

No feedback on captains, so we will just continue on like we were. We will have Caco as the first map on Sunday, and then losing captain can pick next map. Captains can be anyone, so just speak up if you want to be captain. Just as long as that person has a decent grasp of the player base and skills.

Any other feedback is still welcome. First 2 sets of games went pretty well (imo).

Talgo

Yoda
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2015, 11:20:17 AM »

Yep things went well. Good times.

First 2 sets of games went pretty well (imo).
Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2015, 10:07:30 AM »

Had some good games last night. Unfortunately, the lag for me was too much and I kept getting DC'd.

Had some new players last night. I didn't know them, but others on vent vouched for them. I don't want players intentionally aliasing so they can stack the teams, which is why there is a "no alias" rule in place.

Played Caco, Omega, and Rampless. 6v6 for all 3 (I believe).

Talgo

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2020, 08:44:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
by Yoda
[April 21, 2020, 04:28:19 PM]

[April 13, 2020, 08:19:24 PM]

[April 07, 2020, 06:42:47 AM]

by stan
[March 30, 2020, 09:34:59 PM]

[February 11, 2020, 01:53:28 AM]

[January 22, 2020, 02:28:57 PM]