ACMECTF
  Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   *
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: L-F PUL Rules and Info  (Read 40663 times)
Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2015, 01:10:23 PM »

Btw Target, I recently watched a couple of your youtube match videos. Bravo on the commentating. Id love to see something like that for a good PUL game if you ever decide to take a break one map.

I think the last game I uploaded was a PU game. I was going to just record vent for a few of our PUL games and post them, but fraps brought my fps down to like 5 the 1 game I tried, so I haven't tried since.

I may take the side off of my PC and try again. Or get a little fan pointed at it. Pretty sure it was heating issues. IDK 4 sho though.

Worst player N/A. Only knows how to +back, +spam & +RJ. Also, is a known stacker.

Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2015, 01:29:31 PM »

Better yet- make everyone an admin on the match server, so we can all take special little admin slots.

I don't have the ability to formulate my thoughts into words but simply; The match server is intended for match play. The slots were increased the first time with great reservation and it's very much been debated whether or not it was the right thing to do.

Again I highlight that willing specs are the ones creating problems.

Talgo

Worst player N/A. Only knows how to +back, +spam & +RJ. Also, is a known stacker.

housefly
Master of Rails

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2015, 06:21:38 PM »

Again I highlight that willing specs are the ones creating problems.

And I'll repeat that if they want to spec, let them spec.
Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2015, 06:48:43 PM »

And I'll repeat that if they want to spec, let them spec.

Okay. And what should we do about players wanting to play but can't connect to the server cause there are too many specs? Or players who want to play, but there is no one to pick with them (without creating odd-numbered teams) cause of specs?

I don't have an issue if someone wants to spec a 5v5 with 12 people on the server. But if the server is full, and they don't want to play, then they should leave.

housefly
Master of Rails

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2015, 06:33:09 AM »

They should all leave or just some of them? I say they should stay if they want to stay.

If it is 5v5 and I didn't get picked and I wanted to play and there were still 10 specs all I have to say usually is "pub anyone?" and off we go. If I just wanted a break after playing a few maps or if I just refuse to play the current map what is wrong with watching?

If there is any way to get 32 players connected to an acmectf server in 2015 that should be the goal, even if 22 of them are just watching. Therefore, increase the limit.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 06:11:22 PM by housefly » Logged
greider
Asshole Extraordinaire
Administrator
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2015, 10:20:13 AM »

Might as well just shut the pub down at that point.

Keep pushing this and you will make Worm lose his shit. Notice how he has refused to engage in this conversation? Because we've had it, over and over and over, and history repeats itself, yadda yadda yadda, between the two of us it's been 25+ years of experience running servers.

Part of me wants to acquiesce just to be proven right, but I think I will follow Worm's lead on this one and just ignore it from here on out. We've gone down this path before, we know the eventual outcome, and we're not doing it again. If you have 20 people that wanna sit around on a server, go to the pub.

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.
]L[AlPacino
Master of Rails

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2015, 01:59:09 PM »

They should all leave or just some of them? I say they should stay if they want to stay.

If it is 5v5 and I didn't get picked and I wanted to play and there will still 10 specs all I have to say usually is "pub anyone?" and off we go. If I just wanted a break after playing a few maps or if I just refuse to play the current map what is wrong with watching?

If there is any way to get 32 players connected to an acmectf server in 2015 that should be the goal, even if 22 of them are just watching. Therefore, increase the limit.

Second that.
angry
Powerhouse, TBH

The devil you know.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2015, 05:26:29 PM »

Sorry but I'm with greider/Targe+/WORM on this one. The pub is already dead now with everyone trying to get picked for PUL on Sunday nights. Under no circumstances should the match server have its player limit increased again.

Wake up and smell the fuckin cornbread boys. LETS GET SERIOUS
housefly
Master of Rails

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2015, 06:09:20 PM »

Might as well just shut the pub down at that point.

Keep pushing this and you will make Worm lose his shit. Notice how he has refused to engage in this conversation? Because we've had it, over and over and over, and history repeats itself, yadda yadda yadda, between the two of us it's been 25+ years of experience running servers.

Part of me wants to acquiesce just to be proven right, but I think I will follow Worm's lead on this one and just ignore it from here on out. We've gone down this path before, we know the eventual outcome, and we're not doing it again. If you have 20 people that wanna sit around on a server, go to the pub.

Not pushing just suggesting. I've been here awhile and know the history of this issue, and obviously I know Worm hasn't said anything because I'm still suggesting it.

I say this time is different because we are only talking 1 night a week, if the pub sits empty Monday-Saturday it will NOT be because the client limit was raised on the matchserver.
MaryJane Ceth
Grenade Spammer

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2015, 12:08:20 AM »

If this is how the Admins want it, then i suggest everyone just stop going to PUL on Sundays. Play on Last Resort and let the crybabies have their 2v2's angel PUL is somewhat of a joke, since everyone picks the best of the best and some players have to sit out just about every map. I've enjoyed my small break from Acme. I've been SO mellow, just having a good time. But enjoy on whatever is decided. Cheers!
Bones
ACME Admin
Master of Rails

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2015, 11:52:16 AM »

Ceth, this was said somewhere:  Players who are willing to play but do not get picked are required to play the next game.
Maybe that is not always the case, if there is an odd # of players one would have to sit.
Also the Captains kinda have to pick the better players. the goal is to have good games but also try to win Smiley.

This also was said somewhere:
Specs:

There are limited slots available on the match server so "Don't sit on the bench if you aren't ready to play". If there is only enough for a 3v3 and you want to sit spec, I have no issues with that. However, if the server is full and you want to grab some grub and spec, please leave the server so someone else can join. I don't anticipate the server being full, but if it becomes an issue I will look for a solution (likely asking for a second match server and have 2 PU's going).

I can see both sides.

the more you have, the more that will want to jump in. For instance caco, lush or clones.  If we have 15 to 17 people on server,  it's not going to be a fun game if you play all or most.  I think if you are going to try to play everyone at once as stated earlier its not really a pu. At what point is too many 7 vs 7?  Im asking as im not sure. Maybe a second match would be good for when there are too many players.

Sorry Al, when I saw you got kicked I did disconnect so you could come back. maybe someone jumped in before you could or there was still too many in.
MaryJane Ceth
Grenade Spammer

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2015, 08:33:05 PM »

Mine and housefly's point is this, make the Match Server 32 players. Not everyone HAS to play all at once, but at least everyone can connect and have a chance of playing. Maybe Match Admin should keep track of who plays one map in say 5v5, then rotate in 4 others that sat spec the last map and so on. I'm sure 4 players that played one map wouldn't mind sitting a map or 2 so others who didn't get to play a map will. Target and others are making a big deal out of taking server back to 13 players... not fun if you have the same 12 players for 6v6 EVERY MAP. With the 32 player suggestion, at least there are more of a selection each map. If you have 19 players connected to the Match Server how many players do you think are left to go to
Last Resort? 5 tops? Is that even worth it? You must understand, we are coming
up on Summer. During these months not many even plays Quake 2 and server is active for maybe 2 hours at most. The winter is a different story though.

But this is just a suggestion to make things a little more fair and fun for everyone. Cheers!
housefly
Master of Rails

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2015, 03:09:48 PM »

PUL is somewhat of a joke, since everyone picks the best of the best and some players have to sit out just about every map.

I still like the idea of team captains picking the other teams' players so that the very worst are picked first and the best last. Would like to see it tried once anyway.
Targe+
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2015, 03:51:00 PM »

It should also be noted that I am going to Dominican for 2 weeks (fly out Monday) and won't be around this week or next. Looking for someone to fill in for me. We have had enough of these that everyone should know the jist by now. I vote Angry.

Just a reminder. If you guys want to try stupid shit, now is your opportunity Smiley

Talgo

angry
Powerhouse, TBH

The devil you know.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2015, 05:34:31 PM »

I still like the idea of team captains picking the other teams' players so that the very worst are picked first and the best last. Would like to see it tried once anyway.

You know what, if Targeplus is leaving me in charge in his absence, I'd be willing to try the captains picking the other team's players for a map.

6v6+ on Caco/Lush, however, can fuck RIGHT off.

Wake up and smell the fuckin cornbread boys. LETS GET SERIOUS
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2020, 09:56:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
by Yoda
[April 21, 2020, 04:28:19 PM]

[April 13, 2020, 08:19:24 PM]

[April 07, 2020, 06:42:47 AM]

by stan
[March 30, 2020, 09:34:59 PM]

[February 11, 2020, 01:53:28 AM]

[January 22, 2020, 02:28:57 PM]