ACMECTF
  Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   *
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the name of this map?  (Read 3201 times)
Reefer
ACME Admin
Powerhouse, TBH

Quake 2 doesn't play itself!

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2018, 04:27:57 PM »

Hi all I am reaching out for your help for the file name of this map. It's a CTF style arena with sponsors and even a working scoreboard. Between the scoreboard and the sponsorship, I believe that it was released with one of the expansion disks. I played this with Josh Waggz one of the OG Lasermine / L-fire / Railwarz server admins. I just can't remember the name and finding it in our collection of almost 11 thousand maps its like a needle in a haystack!  If you follow the link I have set up an album with many screenshots that I took from a YouTube video, from way back in 1999, that featured this map.

Here are the many screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/w9f3L

I got the screenshots from this old school YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbPAIbfOVSg

Thank you guys,

donde

Trying to be bitchin can come at the risk of being instead, a complete fool. But, not trying at all, and hence never risking being a fool, can come at the price of never being bitchin even once. -chongo
greider
Asshole Extraordinaire
Administrator
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 05:27:37 PM »

huh

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.
Reefer
ACME Admin
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 06:39:32 PM »

How can you not rememba!?!? You're not allowed to forget, as the holder of the sacred candle of Quake 2 knowledge. That's an eternal flame! And no Yowza I do NOT mean the Bangles song, which I do like. Jwaggz I remember you put this on when we were all on the LAN: I think it was on your computer. I kind of remember that the file name as already in use on my computer: I had to delete a different map to make room for this one. I want to say the file name was something like "1v1arena" or had some combination of 1v1, 1on1, arena, or an abbreviation for Activision, in the title. Even with all I have said in the post already, please don't feel any pressure to go diving down the rabbit hole for it. I have got to have the file on my computer as well. It may come down to me going through map folder on that computer while looking at the file sizes of the maps in the same folder on another computer. When I find the name that matches what I kind of remember, but the file size is different, I will make a copy of that map. Then I will check all those. That's my game plan: I will for sure let you know what happens.

Trying to be bitchin can come at the risk of being instead, a complete fool. But, not trying at all, and hence never risking being a fool, can come at the price of never being bitchin even once. -chongo
Reefer
ACME Admin
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 08:53:51 PM »

O K I have meditated (read: smoked weed) and thought about this more. Jwaggz I think you had us all put QPong on our machines, and I remember playing it at the LAN. Do you remember loading any other mods? Did you guys play Red Rover?! I feel like I was still setting up computer and I remember Jwaggz and Target jokingly saying, "Red rover, red rover, rusty something something come over?" Am I having a false memory because it rhymes???

beaver1
Master of Rails

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 11:41:06 AM »

better question rather that what map it might be...

would be...can you zip up all your quake2 files... at least the .bsp files and let reefer possibly myself sort through them

Join this Mega Quake Discord!
Quake Legacy Mod Revival!
https://discord.gg/3XXtaMC
Join us in the #L-Fire CTF  #LMCTF #railwarz  and #expertctf channels!
Railwarz discord too games 7 nights a week! https://discord.gg/2EagMAZ come chat voice/txt
Reefer
ACME Admin
Powerhouse, TBH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 12:37:18 PM »

better question rather that what map it might be...

would be...can you zip up all your quake2 files... at least the .bsp files and let reefer possibly myself sort through them

The clearest memory I have of where this file is, is that its hidden in another file or masked by having a duplicate name as another file. Don't get me wrong I WOULD love to have the files I think its gonna be inside of another one though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 06, 2019, 11:46:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
by h0ps
[November 16, 2019, 09:55:25 PM]

[October 16, 2019, 02:14:37 AM]

[July 28, 2019, 05:13:29 PM]

[March 08, 2019, 01:08:54 PM]

by awc
[January 03, 2019, 01:37:18 PM]

by awc